- This event has passed.
Alex Knapp at 70 – a celebratory concert
Sunday 7th February 2016 | 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
This orchestral concert celebrates British composer, pianist, scholar, teacher and Jewish music specialist, Alexander Knapp – first Joe Loss Lecturer in Jewish Music at SOAS University of London. Concert in association with the Jewish Music Institute. Supported by the Joe and Mildred Loss fund.
Benjamin Wolf will be conducting the Wallace Ensemble and the Belsize Square Synagogue Choir, Cantor Paul Heller, and organist Michael Cayton. Alex will also be making an appearance at the piano
- Handel – Zadok the Priest
- Ajzenstadt – Chad Gadya (A Passover Cantata)
- Bloch – Sacred Service Part 1 for organ, cantor and choir
- Alex Knapp – Eli Eli; Psalm arrangements; Elegy for Strings; and The Cummerbund for strings, piano duet, French horn and audience participation
- Elgar – Serenade for Strings
Student discount available.