- This event has passed.
Golden Peacock 2015
The Golden Peacock The Yiddish Song course led by internationally acclaimed Yiddish singer and teacher Shura Lipovsky with esteemed colleagues Lorin Sklamberg, Karsten Troyke, Rachel Weston and Dr Alexander Knapp. It is designed for all singers who wish to deepen their knowledge of the rich Yiddish song repertoire.
You will be amazed at how much you will be learning, singing and performing Yiddish song in only one week!
- This is the only opportunity in the UK to immerse yourself in the deep and inspiring world of Yiddish Song for a whole week with interesting and like-minded people of all ages and from all backgrounds.
- You will have the privilege of working with some of the UK and Europe’s top educators and performers. No matter what your level in Yiddish whether a beginner or a budding linguist, professional singer or amateur enthusiast, you will benefit from the width and breath of programmes on offer through the week, both day and night.
- The song school this year has been especially developed to run-throughout the day for 8 hours, focusing solely on Yiddish Song. Sessions for the week will feature all the song school elements as stated above but will also include Yiddish for singers, Film and lectures and plenty of timetabled social engagements so that you can get to know your fellow students better.
- The programme is based at SOAS, the heart of Ethnomusicology and the study of world cultures in the UK, on the doorstep of King’s Cross in central London. What better chance to combine meeting an eclectic bunch of Yiddish enthusiasts with exploring one of Europe’s finest capital cities including a special guided walk through London’s historical Jewish East End?
- Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the JMI team for extra information about the course, accommodation advice or financial support.
1) Song repertoire
2) Theory, Context and Case studies.
3) Repertoire for all (or) Coaching for individual or small ensemble work (duo, trio)
5) Yiddish for Singers
6) Lorin’s Yiddish Choir
9) Social engagements and concerts.FEES:
Full rate £245
Student / Senior rate £145
Our Senior Rate is set at 67 years and upwardsStudents must be current and have identificationScholarships available please email us for more information about how to apply to the scholarship fund.