- This event has passed.
Ot Azoy! 2014
Sunday 10th August 2014 - Friday 15th August 2014£245
Discover JMI’s famous full immersion courses in Yiddish Language, Song and Culture for people of all ages, levels and backgrounds – where even complete beginners learn to speak, read, write, sing and even dream in Yiddish in a week.
Ot Azoy Yiddish language classes are held at 4 levels, led by world renowned Yiddish Lecturer Helen Khayele Beer and her distinguished team of fellow Yiddishists, Sonia Pinkusowitz-Dratwa, Annick Prime-Margules, Lily Kahn and Barry Davis. Shura Lipovsky, Director of The Golden Peacock, will also teach a daily session of Yiddish through song.
Here are a few reasons why this promises to be a week not to be missed this summer…
- This is the only opportunity in the UK to immerse yourself in the deep and inspiring world of Yiddish culture for a whole week through language, literature, song and film with interesting and like-minded people of all ages and from all backgrounds.
- You will have the privilege of working with some of the UK and Europe’s top educators and performers. No matter what your level in Yiddish whether a beginner or a budding linguist, professional singer or amateur enthusiast, you will benefit from the width and breath of programmes on offer through the week, both day and night.
- The language and song schools run parallel during the week. Sessions for the week include reading, writing and speaking Yiddish, song master classes, concerts, film and discussion of the Yiddish scene in London and beyond.
- The programme is based at SOAS, the heart of Ethnomusicology and the study of world cultures in the UK, on the doorstep of King’s Cross in central London. What better chance to combine meeting an eclectic bunch of Yiddish enthusiasts with exploring one of Europe’s finest capital cities including a special guided walk through London’s historical Jewish East End?
- Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the JMI team for extra information about the course, accommodation advice or financial support.
Full rate £245
Discount rate £230 (if paid in full by 1 May)
Student / Senior rate £145
Discount Student / Senior rate £130 (if paid in full by 1 May)